With the 2019 Season fast approaching, we are seeking passionate and skilled individuals to help make our fourth season a success!
2019 Summer Jobs: OPEN NOW
Please send Cover Letter and Resumé to email@example.com
About the Team: The Portland Pickles are a collegiate wood bat baseball team founded in 2015 and based in Portland, Oregon. They are the newest team in the West Coast League and play their home games at Walker Stadium, in Portland's Lents Park. The Pickles are all about FUN, and are recognized for presenting the best entertainment package in the Portland area. Pickles baseball is affordable family entertainment. The Pickles offer special discounts to groups and fundraising opportunities for organizations throughout the community.
Location: Walker Stadium (Lents Park) – SE 92nd Ave & Holgate Blvd
Office - 5308 SE 92nd Ave, Portland, OR
This position requires a training on May 30th
Available food & beverage positions for the 2019 season:
• Food Preparation
• Runners (Re-stocking)
• Group & Hospitality Area Leads
• Concession Stand Leads
Job Responsibilities & Duties (vary by Position):
• Service fans in a fast, and professional manner.
• Maintain an accurate cash drawer, and a clean and organized work area.
• Accurately handle cash, credit card transactions.
• Maintain a well-stocked work area.
• Keep work area clean and sanitized at all times.
• Keep all foods refrigerated when not being used.
• Cook all foods to proper temperature and ensure consistency of product.
• Maintain proper inventory levels of all foods, monitor waste at all times.
• Wash and sanitize all grills at end of shift.
• Comply with all state and local liquor laws by requesting that fans present valid ID.
• Adhere to alcohol awareness procedures for preventing fan intoxication.
• Count and verify issued inventory and complete administrative paperwork.
• Display and sell items, collect payment, and make correct change.
• Turn in money and/or return unsold merchandise and complete paperwork.
• Clean and re-stock (when necessary) your work area before completing your shift.
• Sell merchandise to patrons quickly and efficiently with a courteous demeanor.
• Report to work on time in a complete fully cleaned uniform.
• Always demonstrate a positive attitude to fans and co-workers.
• Must be available to work majority of games both day and night, as well as weekends.
• Capable of working under stress and at a very fast pace.
• Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Friendly, personable, team player, energetic, always smiling.
• Organized and able to delegate when necessary.
• Able to work until game is concluded and all assigned work is completed.
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to walk up/down stairs (certain positions).
• Able to carry up to 40lbs. up and down stairs.
• Able to perform simple addition/subtraction functions.
• Ability to count accurately.
• Able to fill out order requests.
• Fast food experience preferred but not required.
• Leadership skills are an asset.
• Must meet minimum age requirements to serve alcoholic beverages.
• Oregon Food Handlers Card and OLCC Alcohol Servers Permit required for certain positions (please inquire).
Please send Cover Letter and Resume to Jobs@portlandpicklesbaseball.com